Why I blog about running so much

Three reasons:

1. Amy:Amy

2. Whitney:

Whitney

3. Heather:

Heather

I have gotten some criticism about writing too much about exercising, and I was told one of my posts even resembled an REI catalog (which it so did.) So I have been curbing the workout talk, but when I read the above posts, I am so full of pride for my friends, such strong women that know we can do anything we put our minds to! And they are not the only ones – Jessica, Crystal, Brandi are among other women that absolutely fall into this category of strong women who show it with running. (they just don’t have blogs)

Read about Amy’s journey here, Whitney’s here, and Heather’s here.

9 creative and well informed people commented on “ Why I blog about running so much ”

1. Chris says:

Good stuff. Props to all of you. Good job!
    .-= Chris´s last blog ..Search on =-.

2. Whitney says:

We owe it all to you! And your hearts thank you too!!! (Since February is Women’s Heart Health Month.)

Hopefully I’m headed out to the gym later today to get another run in… That is, if all the snow hasn’t closed it.
    .-= Whitney´s last blog ..[Material Girl] Feet, the way God intended them =-.

3. Amy says:

I leave this comment as I JUST finished my second 3 mile run. Your pride is well-placed. And I agree with Whitney..our HEARTS thank you, physical and otherwise.
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..IE, Y and Other Acronyms =-.

4. Colleen says:

Great Job Ladies!

5. Nikki says:

Keep blogging about your exercise… You are accomplishing your goals and encouraging others to do so… you should never be criticized for that!

6. Staci says:

I love that you blog about running :-)
    .-= Staci´s last blog ..Contemplation =-.

7. beth says:

you are such a good friend! you have an awesome attitude and clearly are inspiring to others, so keep on with your bad self!
    -beth
    .-= beth´s last blog ..long run o’ doom =-.

8. Crystal says:

We are all pretty awesome huh? :) Reading this made me so happy for everyone accomplishing so great goals. Everyone’s goals are different and completing any of them is such an amazing feeling. It has not even been 1 week since the dr said I can’t run and it is so hard already. Once you’ve worked your way up, it’s hard to stop. Once you stop, it’s hard to start back. If I ever doubt myself and my second start to running, I’ll come back to this blog. But I really think I will run laps around the dr office as soon as he tells me I can. Thanks Melissa for being such an inspiration to so many! You’re awesome.

9. Crystal says:

I love this quote too:
    Dr. George Sheehan:

“It’s very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit.”