This post is not about raising awareness for prostate cancer, as that is not a cause I am championing. This post is not about the goodness of people’s hearts and how at times they will do things to alter their appearance in order to further a good cause. No, this post is about the fact that I have not seen my high school boyfriend for 10 years, and I am getting to spend time with him now: Time with him, and his pornstache.
I will blog later about what it’s like spending time with this man for the first time in 10 years; right now I’m having too much fun hanging out with him to analyze it completely.
But today, I want to tell you about his mustache. He is growing it during the month of November to raise money for charity, but in turn it has provided us endless entertainment. “We didn’t know you were in the 1970s porn industry,” we’ll say.
The mustache has given Carissa cause to tell her favorite joke:
Q: What are the 2 sexiest animals on the farm?
A: BrownChickenBrownCow (to the town of bow chicka wow wow)
The bottom line is, though – he’s doing it for charity. I will personally donate because of the hours of fun it has provided – you can be a bigger person and donate because it’s so good to raise awareness for prostate cancer. Or, if you choose, donate because it’s amusing to know that when I look at him, I don’t see a 17-year-old football player anymore – nope, all I see is an aspiring understudy for John Holmes.
Here’s the fine-print stuff:
During Movember (the month formerly known as November) Kyle Chase is growing a Moustache. He’s bringing the Mo back because “I’m passionate about tackling men’s health issues and being proactive in the fight against prostate cancer.”
To donate to his Mo you can either:
1. Click this link http://us.movember.com/donate and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account, (his registration number is 1398406) or
2. Write a check payable to the ‘Prostate Cancer Foundation’, referencing my Registration Number 1398406 and mailing it to:
Prostate Cancer Foundation
1250 Fourth St
Santa Monica, CA, 90401
All donations are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
The money raised by Movember is donated directly to the Prostate Cancer Foundation which will use the funds for high-impact research to find better treatments and a cure for prostate cancer.
Did you know:
- Prostate cancer is the most common non-skin cancer in the US with one in six American men developing the disease and more than 28,000 men dying of the disease every year.
- African American men and those with a family history of prostate cancer are twice as likely to develop the disease and should have regular annual testing starting at 45. All other men should commence testing at 50.
- Prostate cancer is 90% curable if detected and treated early.